Thursday, August 19, 2004

Hazards of the NE SBSTransit

Was a little later than usual when I reached Al junied MRT, so I took a later train. When I reached a noticeboard along the linkway to NE from Outrum Park MRT, It was indicating 3 minutes till next train... I picked up my pace and checked the sign above the escalator... 3 minutes.

Smiling to myself as I went down the escalator, I glanced through the big crowd at the bottom, happily thinkikng to myself that I must have caught up with those from the previous train...

I headed to my normal door and waited, 2 minutes later.... I looked up... No train in sight, there was no next train indicator on the information panel. A train went past us in a fast speed without stopping, then the indicator showed the next train at 5 minutes.

The people around me started getting impatient, then an announcement came over the loudspeaker... The next train will be arriving in 3 minutes.

The train then finally came... stopped and everyone scrambled onto the train. 1 minute later, the doors closing signal kicked in, and the crowd still trying to whelm into the train. I was caught stunned as I saw 4 people almost caught between the 2 doors with the door closing in fast. The door closed shut with a loud sound, then followed by some others at the back... Guess there were people trapped...

The train moved off after securing all doors... Upon reaching HarbourFront, going through the massive crowd... I noticed the panel saying the next train leaving was like 68 minutes later....
What happened to our NE line???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home