Wednesday, October 08, 2003

I'm kinda depressed today... Cause I witnessed the death of a small life on the road yesterday.

I was along North Bridge Road near to Bras Brasah Complex when I saw a small body lying on the middle of the road. It was a wounded cat and it was breathing really hard. I waited for the traffic light to turn red before dashing across to examine it's body.

It was bleeding and it's head and back legs seem to be fractured. The traffic light ended promptly and I had to dash back to the sidewalk. As much as I wanted to carry it over to the sidewalk, I couldn't. I was afraid of injuring the poor thing further. Signs of vehicles avoiding the poor thing made me feel abit better, but it did not reassure me that it will be alright.

Ivy and I saw a patrol car go by, but they did not stop to help the poor thing. I almost broke out in tears watching its tiny body move up and down with its breathing. Just then, a car rammed right into the small thing and its body flew slightly from the impact. I screamed, "No!" and the passer-bys just stared at me coldly. Then a second impact by a lorry... The poor thing breathed its last as it flew slightly off the road surface. I cried. Tears welled up in both of my eyes.

I dashed across to look at its body, I wanted to see if I can still saw it. But it was all too late! I reluctantly dragged my legs and poor Ivy away from the site. She was crying as well. Images of the dead cat, its poped out eyeball and whatever remains of it kept poping up in my mind like unwanted pop up ads. My mind went blank, it was flooded with the word "Why did it had to die like that?".

I can't believe noone else stopped to help the cat. But Ivy was right too. If I had saved the cat, it would have been suffering too and probably suffer longer as it was already badly injured. One thing was still on my mind though, I could have saved the cat from such a tragic death and maybe someone like a vet could be around to save it. Things could have been better...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home